Sketchbook dump

Alrighty, here goes the first post. Since I took a term off, I've been doing a ton of exploring around L.A. "researching" how to draw a bunch of stuff. Today I went to the Natural History Museum and it was awesome. I try not to bring my camera places where I tell myself I have to draw, so it kind of forces me to draw. I never look at my reference pictures anyway, I always google new, better pictures. Or go to the library.

This is also because I'm sitting in on Dynamic Sketching












The first few were...meh, but actually these are better than my first zoo drawings. I had a lot of practice before I could get as accurate as I have it. OTL... Most of these are just quick sketches, usually only 5 to 10 minutes each animal. I kind of got better at the end where I was drawing birds. The ones with more tone and highlights were about 45minutes to an hour each. 

I'll post The Arboretum and Nethercut sketches tomorrow. Huntington Library on Saturday. ....Personal "creative" sketchbook drawings afterewards...if I get the courage and hopefully preliminary "visual development" sketches for a book project I'm..suppose to be working on...OTL..I'm so lazy.

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 29, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply